Saturday, July 10, 2010

Voodoo Dawn

As the second SCAREMAKER album takes form, I've really had conflicting ideas on lyrical content. Some would say, "It's just 'death metal'", but I'm the one in the driver's seat and I don't want to re-hash the same things over and over. I take a unique approach to writing the music and I want to do the same with the lyrics (that I write) this round.

Instead of just movies, which I still take inspiration from, I think I need something more than that on this set of tunes. I'm going to the source of where some of these stories began. Whether it's the Salem witch trails, scalping of the Native Americans or stories of Benin; the birthplace of Voodoo. I want a 3-D effect in this album and I want it to leave the listener with an eerie, paranoid feeling.

Site Meter